We need you to be our Eyes and Ears!
By reporting cruelty, you help free an animal from sufferring. Please contact us if you know of any animal that is being abused, neglected or treated badly. We will not give out your details, you can remain anonymous. Remember, we can only act if we know about it! Please contact us on 021 886 4901 or 0711 699922 or pop us an email -
We aim to investigate the complaint within 24 hours of receiving it.
If possible we try to educate the owner on the correct care of the animal, so that they do not repeat the same mistakes with their next pet. We continuously follow up on these cases to further the owners education.
In cases of blatant abuse or wilful neglect, the AWSS will confiscate the animal and lay criminal charges against the owner. or responsible party.
What is Cruelty?
* Chaining of dogs
* not giving animals water to drink & proper food to eat
* not giving animals shelter from the weather
* leaving an animal to suffer if it is injured or sick
* Dog fighting
* shooting pellets at animals and birds
*abandonment of animals with no one to care for them
* hitting or kicking an animal
* keeping animals in dirty conditions
* if you are not sure, give us a call and we will assist.
To go to the Neglect & Abuse page please follow this link.